Polygons not compiling and tiles disapearing around flying a

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
salsa8888

Polygons not compiling and tiles disapearing around flying a

Post by salsa8888 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 am

First of all thank you Luis & Luis for sharing this great tool.

I have SbuilderX installed in the same directory than FSX and SDK and use Window7 on a 64bit processor, 2gb memory and Nvidia 450 gts and following various tutorials to insure it has been installed correctly including some files placement. I am encountering two problems when trying to add an airport scenery.

1- When I generate a photoreal scenery only and test it the picture is there nicely, but when I fly my aircraft over it the tiles arond the aircraft disappears one by one all around and reveal the current scenery.

2- second problem. when I try to add polygons to my airport I cannot compiled. An error message appears in a fraction of a second and seems to say something like "cannot read or find the shape file" there is no files to view in my work directory although I am certain to save my project file under my WORK directory.
In problem 1, all my working files are visible.

I am in the antipodes so there maybe some delay in responding.

Your assitance is greatly appreciated.

luisfeliztirado

Re: Polygons not compiling and tiles disapearing around flyi

Post by luisfeliztirado » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:11 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

SBuilderX is the exclusive work of Luis Sá, who deserves the entire credit for the marvelous program. The rest of us have great respect and admiration, even friendship, for him and what he has done for our hobby.

For your first problem, it sounds as if you are not making very high resolution custom ground - when that happens, FS will display the default ground textures as you get closer. To fix this, just use higher resolution images as a source.

The second problem is not very clear. Please indicate exactly what you are trying to do, what kind of polygons you are trying to make, what is the role of a shapefile in this process, and all the steps that you are following.

Best regards.
Luis

salsa8888

Re: Polygons not compiling and tiles disapearing around flyi

Post by salsa8888 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:05 am

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your prompt answer.

Problem 1 is now solved thanks to your assistance.

Problem 2. Sorry for the delay to answer you but I prefered to spend more time with the software and tried to solve the problem myself. I think that the fact of playing around with it for the first time must have generated a bug somewhere.
I have reintalled SBuilderX, run as administrator and it's all compiling and working very nicely.

Thank you again for this great tool and greetings from Sydney, Australia.
Joe Garcia