Help Compiling an island

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
FSX345

Help Compiling an island

Post by FSX345 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:03 am

Hi, i've spent multiple hours trying to build a small island somewhere in the ocean (doesnt matter where) and ive followed the tutorial with pictures found at:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showth ... 328&page=2
However, my problem is that i never know what to compile at what moment. I compiled everything at the end and in FSX i ended up with nothing. Could someone please point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Luis Sa

Re: Help Compiling an island

Post by Luis Sa » Thu May 05, 2011 4:01 am

Hello,

First - did you select the items that your island is composed of before compiling? If nothing is selected nothing is compiled.

Second - Did you check the folders where the compiled files are saved? Check if you the files there and if the folder is active in FS.

Many other things could be happening!

Best Regards, Luis

FSX345

Post by FSX345 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:35 am

Thanks for your help,
I did select all the items before compiling, and i did this when i was completely finished with the building. i looked at the FSX preferences and all the folders are correct. Could it possibly be that i have to compile things as i go along?

meshman

Post by meshman » Fri May 06, 2011 3:51 pm

Within your installation of SBuilderX is this folder; SBuilder313\Tools\Shapes Check there and see if you have a file that starts with cvx_xxxxxxx.bgl If so, copy and paste that into an active scenery folder within FSX and see if your changes appear.
Lance

FSX345

Post by FSX345 » Sat May 07, 2011 12:57 am

Can i just place it in the general scenery folder or do i need to put it in a specific sub-folder?

meshman

Post by meshman » Sat May 07, 2011 1:58 am

While \Addon Scenery\scenery may work, in FSX it doesn't always work. I'd suggest a new folder structure such as \Addon Scenery\My Work\scenery. Copy the file there, activate the My Work layer in the scenery library and go see if it shows.
Lance

FSX345

Post by FSX345 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:24 am

Ok, but then how do i configure the SBX to save all my work in that file and not in the regular AddonScenery\scenery? When i try to change the path under "FSX settings" to go right to the File: Addon Scenery\My Work\scenery the SBX makes it turn red. (making me think that it will probably not compile).

meshman

Post by meshman » Sat May 07, 2011 4:35 pm

When evere you start a New Project there is an area to set the folder location to save the BGL files and a tick box to make this the permanent location. Specify the full path location which includes drive letter, etc.
Lance