compile bgl from bmp and txt

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
matabhaine

compile bgl from bmp and txt

Post by matabhaine » Thu May 26, 2011 10:16 pm

I used SbuilderX 3:13 to capture google satalite images, in the work folder there are the BMP files and the TXT files with the coordinates. Is it possible to compile these bmp images with the coordinates txt files outwith SbuilderX into BGL files, I know it would have been easier within SbuilderX but the way I have done things I would have to start again, next time I will remember to compile the groups pf ten as I go along. Thanx in advance for any advice.

luisfeliztirado

Re: compile bgl from bmp and txt

Post by luisfeliztirado » Fri May 27, 2011 12:17 am

Within SBuilderX,:

1. go to File - Add Map from disk...
2. navigate to the Work folder
3. choose any of the bmp files
4. the Map displays in SBuilderX
5. select it by clicking on its edge
6. compile

7. repeat for all other bmp files.

Best regards.
Luis

matabhaine

Post by matabhaine » Fri May 27, 2011 12:57 am

Thanx for the quick reply, I never thought of adding from disc, unfortunately there are too many files, I made a line of ten google earth tiles in a horizontal line, then I added another ten above, I deleted the previous ten and used this method to continue up the screen, having no more than two lines of ten to avoid memory errors, there are alot of files and I think if I added them all I think I would run out of memory

matabhaine

Post by matabhaine » Fri May 27, 2011 1:00 am

I was just thinking maybe I could go back down the way I came compiling as I go, i think that would work, just recovering from the flu, the old grey matter is a bit slow

meshman

Post by meshman » Fri May 27, 2011 2:44 pm

If the area is large and you are having to do it in a grid manner you can work in a systematic manner and end up with a single BGL, eventually.

Cover an area in SBX, compile the file to a BGL then go and rename the BMP file and the Photo01.INF file to something workable. Repeat as many times as necessary to cover the area. When you are all done and ready to make your single BGL file use the data in the INF files to manually make a MultiSource INF file. This allows you to tweak the imagery in any tool, construct blend or water masks, etc.
Lance

matabhaine

Post by matabhaine » Fri May 27, 2011 4:59 pm

thanx for the info, very helpful