Quickie Question - MDLs

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Dragonfighter

Quickie Question - MDLs

Post by Dragonfighter » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:11 am

I have modeled and placed my water tower using Gmax (FSDS is a pain) and Sbuilder, I still have to texture it though. I am also going to build a pier and fort. My question is this, when I upload the scenery, do I include the MDLs and where do I tell people to stick them (nicely)?

Thanks,
Kyle

luisfeliztirado

Re: Quickie Question - MDLs

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Hello Kyle,

From the SBuilderX Help file:

MDL files

You can place MDL files exported from gMax or 3d Studio Max with the FS 9 or FS X game packs, even if they have not been placed in an object library bgl. Select MDL from the list in the General tab and indicate the desired MDL file.

SBuilderX will import the MDL file, display the Width and Length as well as the GUID. When you compile your project, SBuilderX will create an object library bgl with that MDL and its placement information. You must remember to copy the required textures to the local scenery folder.

So, you do not need to distribute the MDL file, but instead the object library bgl generated by SBuilderX, and also the texture files.

Best regards.
Luis

Dragonfighter

Re: Quickie Question - MDLs

Post by Dragonfighter » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 am

Thank you. Elegantly simple.