Windows 7 Problem

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
old grey dog

Windows 7 Problem

Post by old grey dog » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:30 pm

I have been running FSX on Windows Vista and taken a fair bit of time compiling a substantial amount of photoscenery (which was very effective) using SBX. I have just "upgraded" to Windows 7 and reinstalled FSX, only to find that most of my photoscenery is black.

What has happened and how can I fix it?

Please don't tell me I'll have to recompile the scenery!!!

meshman

Re: Windows 7 Problem

Post by meshman » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:56 pm

There is nothing different with the scenery files, where we have to target compiling to a particular OS.

I don't have Win 7, as I'm still on XP, but will be making a switch before the end of the year. Does FSX without your work activated look and perform as it should? Have you made any changes to the default FSX install for Win 7? Are you sure the monitor is turned on? :lol:
Lance

ananda

Post by ananda » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:26 am

I have used the same photo-scenery files on XP, Vista-64 and W7-64 without any problems.
George

old grey dog

Post by old grey dog » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks for the responses. The scenery is working fine now. I loaded up the commercial photoscenery and set the FSX parameters as detailed in their instructions and my own compiled photoscenery works fine. Obviously I had made the assumption that photoscenery would work with the "out of the box" FSX settings.