New to SBuilder

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Hash

New to SBuilder

Post by Hash » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:53 am

Hi,
I am totally new to SBuilder and even in creating scenery.
While learning, I need some help here.
I uploaded several FS9 scenery/airfields in my FSX addon. Most works well but there are some that do not.

One of the airfield is on an island. In FS9 the airfield is located on an island but in FSX the surroundings are covered by sea water, only a part of the island can be seen. 80% of the airfield is above sea water but most of the island and nearby islands are covered by sea water.

Is there a way to correct this using SBuilder. How do I do that?

Thanks

Hash

Hash

Re: New to SBuilder

Post by Hash » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:16 am

Seems no one is interested to answer or help ..............

luisfeliztirado

Re: New to SBuilder

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:18 am

Sorry Hash,

People are interested in helping, but perhaps this was the holiday season for many who were on a beach, not in front of a computer.

In FS9, a land polygon could cover water, but not in FS X, so your old island will not display correctly. On the other hand, that was not the best way to make an island. Anyway, now in FS X, you should draw a replacement Hydro Polygon, make a hole in it to display the land (the island) and that should fix the problem.

Or, perhaps the old island does not have land class assignments, in which case making a land class file will take care of it.

Best regards.
Luis