undo in ver 313 and extra points

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
jyarddog

undo in ver 313 and extra points

Post by jyarddog » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:16 am

Not sure if my last post registered. In version 313 is undo redo disabled or do I have to activate it somewhere? I didn't seem to find it in preferences. Maybe I missed it. Also- Is there a way to add points to a polygon other than smooth? As if I wanted to add on 2 or 3 points. Bob

rhumbaflappy

Re: undo in ver 313 and extra points

Post by rhumbaflappy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:02 pm

In the SBuilder.ini file:

BackUpON=True

controls the undo and redo. If you save your project, you can then make this change, reload your project and continue. The auto-backup feature uses lots of memory in large projects.

To add points to a poly... in poly mode, press and hold "i" while placing the points with the mouse.

Dick
Dick

jyarddog

Post by jyarddog » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:59 am

dick- thanx for the info- tremendous help!!!

roger-wilco-66

Post by roger-wilco-66 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:13 am

rhumbaflappy wrote: [...]
The auto-backup feature uses lots of memory in large projects.
[...]
I've had several crashes and corrupted project files (!!) on larger islands with (and later without, as the project grew) this feature activated, so I'd be careful with this function. If you do need it, you'll be well advised to work with two copies on the same project, so you have a fall-back if things get nasty (generally a good thing to do, in my opinion).

Cheers,
Mark
Development of historical sceneries for FSX and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D Simulators

My scenery development galleries:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH