BGL Compiler Doesn't Compile, just flashes!

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Boltboxer

BGL Compiler Doesn't Compile, just flashes!

Post by Boltboxer » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:21 pm

Whenever i try to compile something with SBuilder X i "SELECT ALL" then COMPILE but when i select my landclass to compile my bgl just flashes and doesn't compile. I use FSX compiler that is in SBuilder X folder and my compiler in SDK but it doesn;t compile. My destination is Addon Scenery/Scenery and it doesnt compile.

Please help me,
I've been posting On FsDeveloper, Youtube, Resinstalled My FSX and SDK and been battling for weeks. Please Help, Thanks!

meshman

Re: BGL Compiler Doesn't Compile, just flashes!

Post by meshman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:01 am

Why are you reinstalling FSX and the SDKs, if you don't know what the problem is?

What level is your FSX install at, SP2 or FSXA? Have you updated the SDKs to match the status of your FSX?

What is your operating system and where are FSX and the SDKs installed?
Lance

Boltboxer

Post by Boltboxer » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:35 pm

meshman wrote:Why are you reinstalling FSX and the SDKs, if you don't know what the problem is?

What level is your FSX install at, SP2 or FSXA? Have you updated the SDKs to match the status of your FSX?

What is your operating system and where are FSX and the SDKs installed?
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.
I have Sp2 On My SDK and FSX.
FSX is C:\Program File (x86)\Microsoft Games....
So is my SDK in there(There in different folders

Is it maybe that my S Builder X is in my D:\ Drive?

meshman

Post by meshman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Boltboxer wrote:Is it maybe that my S Builder X is in my D:\ Drive?
My rough guess, so early in the morning, is that by having FSX in the C:\Program File (x86)\Microsoft Games fokder is that you are running into a permissions problem and the SDKs are not able to access the folders to place a new file. The Windows "protecting you from yourself" syndrome.

This may or may not be the cause, but doing some Google work with "Windows UAC" will show what I'm referring to.
Lance

Boltboxer

Post by Boltboxer » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:24 pm

meshman wrote:
Boltboxer wrote:Is it maybe that my S Builder X is in my D:\ Drive?
My rough guess, so early in the morning, is that by having FSX in the C:\Program File (x86)\Microsoft Games fokder is that you are running into a permissions problem and the SDKs are not able to access the folders to place a new file. The Windows "protecting you from yourself" syndrome.

This may or may not be the cause, but doing some Google work with "Windows UAC" will show what I'm referring to.
I turned off Windows UAC but it still doesn't work :(

meshman

Post by meshman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:15 am

I see yesterday I couldn't spell "folder" properly... Need stronger coffee in the morning! :roll:

When you start a New Project SBuilderX defaults to a BGL file creation location. With an existing Project you are able to change the BGL Folder using File | Properties and then entering a new location. If your current BGL Folder location refers to the C:\ drive and your SBX install in on D:\ drive that you change the location over to where SBX is installed and point it to the <SBX install>\Tools\Work folder. Then try to compile the file.

Having SBX in a different location from FSX is not unusual. My FSX is on my drive E:\ and SBX is on my drive F:\. I just copy and paste between the two as needed.
Lance

Boltboxer

Post by Boltboxer » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:50 am

meshman wrote:I see yesterday I couldn't spell "folder" properly... Need stronger coffee in the morning! :roll:

When you start a New Project SBuilderX defaults to a BGL file creation location. With an existing Project you are able to change the BGL Folder using File | Properties and then entering a new location. If your current BGL Folder location refers to the C:\ drive and your SBX install in on D:\ drive that you change the location over to where SBX is installed and point it to the <SBX install>\Tools\Work folder. Then try to compile the file.

Having SBX in a different location from FSX is not unusual. My FSX is on my drive E:\ and SBX is on my drive F:\. I just copy and paste between the two as needed.
I changed the compile to the S Builder X folder in the D:\ Drive but nothing happens. When i try to run BGl Comp as administrater (i am using administrative account) it still just flashes. Nothin ghappens to be working...

ananda

Post by ananda » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:17 am

Run it in a DOS box and you will see any error messages.
George