sloped shorelines

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
jyarddog

sloped shorelines

Post by jyarddog » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Is there a tutorial or instructions on how to make nicely sloped shorelines. I have a sandspit at 5 ft. (1.524m) but I would like to have the edges slope downwards to the water. Is there a way to do this? Thank you, Bob

luisfeliztirado

Re: sloped shorelines

Post by luisfeliztirado » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:42 am

Hello Bob,

Could you please provide more information? Do you have your own mesh? How much detail (resolution) does it have?

Generally, if you redraw the sandspit in SBuilderX and the mesh is sufficiently detailed, then FS should display something that resembles the real thing, including slopes at the shore.

Best regards.
Luis

jyarddog

Post by jyarddog » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:26 pm

Luis- Thanks for the reply. This is at airport icao... KNOW, which is Port Angeles, WA. It is a Coast Guard station and airfield on a small sand spit there. FSX has the elevation at about 13 ft. We lowered it to 5 ft (1.524m). Mesh resolution on my machine is at 2M. I tried it at 1 M but didn't not se much difference.

I have no mesh programs installed. My friend wants the shoreline to slope down to the water. Bob
screenshot26.jpg

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:54 am

I see the dilemma, Bob. Perhaps you could try extending the land a little out towards the water; this will give the mesh a chance to slope instead of being cut off by the hydro polygon and forming an abrupt and steep descent.

Best regards.
Luis

jyarddog

Post by jyarddog » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanx Luis- I'll do that. Bob