Help making a flatten!

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
epaging

Help making a flatten!

Post by epaging » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Hi, I'm new here and first of all I want to thank you for accepting me in your community! :P

I'm new also to SBuilderX v.3.13 and I need some help on it.
I have to position some library objects on an area which is nearly flat...
Actually the terrain in the area is slightly ondulated and a little sloping, with altitude differences up to 4 meters.
Following the instructions of SBuiderX, I defined a "vector polygon" in the area and assigned the property "AB_Flatten_Exclude_Autogen" to it.
After selecting the polygon and the other objects, I compiled the bgl file: apparently, everything is OK, but in FSX I don't see any flattened area...
What is wrong in my procedure :?:

All the path links (EDIT/FSXsettings) are correct.
I'm using FSX+sp1+sp2, running on Windows XP.
Thank you for any help you can give me!

epaging,

P.S.:
I tried the same thing with ADE: here everything is OK, the area is flattened, the objects lie correcly on the ground, but ADE adds the name of my area in the airport list of FSX!!!
Not good! :mrgreen:

luisfeliztirado

Re: Help making a flatten!

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Please remember to set the altitude of your polygon in the General tab of the Properties window for that polygon.
ScreenShot00.jpg
Best regards.
Luis

epaging

Re: Help making a flatten!

Post by epaging » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Thank you for your answer, Luis!
That was not the problem, anyway.
What I did was all OK; the problem was that I was searching for the cvx file in the work directory instead of the shapes...
But how could I know it?...
Any way, all's well what ends well! :P
Thank you again!
Regards,
epaging