bgl loading in FSX

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Timber

bgl loading in FSX

Post by Timber » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:19 pm

Have been away from SBX for a while. Broke out the book and created a bgl for Telefomin in Papua New Guinea. Everything compiled and save just fine. viewer showed the background and mask. copied and pasted the bgl in a in a fsx folder, fired up FSX and added that bgl, everything worked fine. Selected TLF and moved my plane there. My scenery created with SBX did no show. Am I missing a step someplace or what?
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Ken

jyarddog

Re: bgl loading in FSX

Post by jyarddog » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:18 am

Ken- Basically the same here. As you can see, no one has answered my post yet either. Wonder what's going on!!! Bob

meshman

Post by meshman » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:08 am

First to Ken, when you look at the BGL file in TMFviewer what is shown as the highest LOD to display? If you make a Map (as described in SBuilderX aka photo scenery) and it is of a lower level than default texture it will not display. I want to say that LOD 13 is where default will still show.

Now to you, Bob...You're hopeless! I'm going to have to give you an email addy to get you settled in with photo scenery. If you ever get your SDKs caught up I'll see you over at *that* beta forum and catch up with you.
Lance

jyarddog

Post by jyarddog » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:14 am

wilco