photo not working ow

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
jyarddog

photo not working ow

Post by jyarddog » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 am

Even the simple background method doesn't work.

1. FSX running I am at my scenery
2. open SbuilderX
3. show aircraft and show background
4. tiles load fine
5. right click in work area, choose background compile to bgl
6. put that bgl into the scenery restart FSX
7. go to that location..................... no change in scenery whatsoever!!!!!

Of course maps don't work either. All files that need to be in work folder are there. I see the bmp.
When I do my blend mask I put it there. (I don't know if I am supposed to change the blend mask to a greyscale THEN do my blending or just leave it in color and do the blending- instructions are not clear about this.) Anyway I then have the bmp and the tif (samefilename_B.tif)

I see no filename ending in txt which I thought was supposed to be there. If I make a map I then will see photo01.txt but not filename.txt.

Most important- I just installed Acceleration and updated by going to my accel disk and clicking on sdk.msi.

I used to have sp2 or sp2a. There is an SbuilderX note that says that maybe I need to copy the tools in my sdk to sbuilderx main folder. I do not know which tools to get, or where they are in sdk, or how many to look for. Having installed Acceleration might be causing this problem? Would it be best to delete SbuilderX and install a fresh copy? I just downloaded one just in case.

Please adress any procedure above if I missed a step somewhere. Thank you, Bob

jyarddog

Re: photo not working ow

Post by jyarddog » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Hummmm! Many read this.... no one bothered to post. I'm sure someone would have known how to do photoreal and at least said... that the problem is somewhere else.... my procedure is ok.

Anyway. Sure many folks are busy. I believe I found the problem... silly mistake.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:01 pm

I suppose that many people read this (including myself), but did not know the answer (including myself!)

This often happens, and does not mean that you are being ignored or that nobody wants to help, just that nobody knows the answer. Don't take it personally.

And it often is some silly user error, so any guesses that people here would have made would have been irrelevant anyway.

By the way, just out of curiosity, what was the problem?

Best regards.
Luis

jyarddog

Post by jyarddog » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:06 am

Hahahaha! I guess I have to fess up! .......... I forgot that I had not activated my scenery at that time! hahahaha! So embarrassed! hahahaha! Like the fellow who tries to drive away in his car but forgot to start the engine. :) Humans are silly people.... gotta love it. Bob