photoreal

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
jyarddog

photoreal

Post by jyarddog » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:51 am

Why is it sometimes when I go to my scenery after placing a photoreal bgl there... I see an entire square instead of just the map. I did a nice blend and covered the rest of the bmp with black and feathered or smudged nicely between black, grey, and white.

-----------------

Oops! I just looked at the inf file. Only one source and the tif isn't in it. Wonder how that happened!

--------------------------
edit- Would it be wise for me to extend my black part of the blend all the way out to the edges of the map (the bmp I am blending and changing to a tif).? I just redid the scenery I am working on and it looks fine but the rectangle of the map shows ever so slightly. Knowing where I left off doing the black I can see where it would have blended much better had I extended teh black out to the edge. Am I in the ballpark on this? Bob

luisfeliztirado

Re: photoreal

Post by luisfeliztirado » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:57 pm

A lot of this is discovering what works best. Just try different things and see which you like the most.
Best regards.
Luis

jyarddog

Post by jyarddog » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Luis- thanks. Will do.

Robbert

Post by Robbert » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:54 pm

Simple Question out of Curiosity to the Experts out there..

"although the resolution will depend on the zoom level of the background"

What zoom level on SBuilder taking in account the explanations in the SDK and "Make photo real ground textures" is the best to use when creating photo -real scenery for a towns and airports ?

jyarddog

Post by jyarddog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Sorry for the late answer. I would imagine it would be good to zoom in as close as you can get. sometimes you are not going to get a high rez photo Some regions are just not in high rez from Google or VE.

When adding a map and you choose your area with the red rectangle, you want to click the highest or second highest circle on the right side. This makes for a pretty big file but you have a better chance of getting better detail. BTW- I readjusted my compresion in Sbuilder.ini from 90 to 80. This givesw me a smaller file, and so far I haven't seen any degredation in detail. Bob