Issues making islands

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
maasi81

Issues making islands

Post by maasi81 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Hello,

I have tried to make an new island in Greenland, Upernavik BGUK.

When I try to make a polygon of new water, then make a hole (coastline polygons) and choose the water to be the parent, then I get the correct coastlines, but then I see that there is new landscape outside the chosen water polygon.

I have attached a picture of the area, and would like to get some tips how to make the islands properly.

As you can see, I remember a little bit of the cooperation within SBuilderX and TMFViewer and has chosen LOD/QMID LUV 19.

Hope to get some inputs, since I wanted to remake the Greenlandic Islands.

Best regards,

Mads Petersen
Greenland
Attachments
QSTN.png

luisfeliztirado

Re: Issues making islands

Post by luisfeliztirado » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Hello Mads,

The correct procedure for creating new islands to replace default islands is as follows:

1. exclude the default Hydro Polys for the entire extent of your new islands. This will also eliminate the holes that define the old islands;

2. draw a new Hydro Poly(s) covering the same area as the default that you just excluded;

3. Then, draw new holes for the islands that you want.

This tutorial covers all aspects of terrain design, with particular attention to replacing default islands:

Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?&DLID=141643

Best regards.
Luis

maasi81

Post by maasi81 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:46 am

Hello Luis,

Many thanks for the confirmation, actually I found the way to do it yesterday, and have actually covered default holes with new hydropolys!

But, I need to know if it is possible to let the background (google overlay) to fill out the whole window I work with. The current settings are, that SBuilderX by it selves cuts the background down to a little tile than covering all the window I work with.

/Mads

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:36 pm

Normally, the background image fills the entire window in SBuilderX (up to the maximum extents used in the program.)

There should be no reason why there is only one tile displayed, unless perhaps that image server does not provide full coverage of the area.

Best regards.
Luis