Create night textures for an already done scenery

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
paris15

Create night textures for an already done scenery

Post by paris15 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:03 am

I have made photo textures with SBuilderX but I didn't add the night textures before compiling. The scenery at night, obviously, looks too bright, so I would like to add night textures. The problem is that I don't have any more the bmp's, I only have the bgl's. Is there a way to add the night textures without having to add the maps again, edit them (coastlines, etc.) and then adding the night textures?
If that is not possible and I have to start again from scratch, would it be possible that night textures had less resolution than day ones? It is because the scenery is made with a very high resolution, but at night that resolution would be a completely unnecessary load for the sim.

luisfeliztirado

Re: Create night textures for an already done scenery

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:27 pm

Unfortunately, you may have to start again. I don't know that anybody has tried making the night variants apart from the normal day textures, although you can attempt it if you are curious.

The lower resolution of the night textures shouldn't make any difference, and at night you will probably not notice anyway when flying over them.

Best regards.
Luis

paris15

Re: Create night textures for an already done scenery

Post by paris15 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Thank you, Luis. I have already started to do all the textures. For your information, I'm using a lower resolution for night textures and it works ok.