Calibrating map issue

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Claviateur

Calibrating map issue

Post by Claviateur » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi,

I am designing a freeware scenery since a while now and I received recently a satellite photo with the permission to use in my scenery. I converted the image from a local projection to wgs84 using Gdal, then retouched it and cropped it in Photoshop...

Now in order to create a photoscene with the image, I added a BMP from disk in SBX 3.13, calibrated it using 2 upper left and lower right points (as per Google earth coordinates) and then compiled the BGL...

The problem is, as you can see, the photoscenery image is shifted a little bit to the right compared to my runways, 3D elements and the OSM converted road data that are all accurately placed.

So I need to move the photo image a bit to allign it with the rest. Can you please help me as for a way or trick to make the little adjustments in SBuilderx to make the image alligned with the runways etc?

Also I noticed that my image is semi-transparent with some water showing underneath. I did not add any mask yet in the INF file and the BMP is saved as 32 bit I retouched in Photoshop. Is there is a reason why it is semi=transparent like that?

I apreciate your help

Cheers!

Claviateur

Re: Calibrating map issue

Post by Claviateur » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:32 am

Problem solved by 1) saving 24 bit BMP vs 32 bit + using a _M for the mask layer as for positioning I took the coordinates from ADE instead of Google Earth

Just in case someone else runs through these issues

Cheers

jyarddog

Re: Calibrating map issue

Post by jyarddog » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:50 pm

What is "Mask" layer? ....... I which I guess is designated as _M? 24 bit helped? If I add map from 'disk' we get the message- this map might need calibrationb. I have always left this alone.... no problem.

again what is Mask Layer? Is this the b&W blend mask? This is saved as a tif with _B.