Previously stable SBuilder X 313 now keeps "stopping"

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
LoftyCyborg

Previously stable SBuilder X 313 now keeps "stopping"

Post by LoftyCyborg » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:35 am

I've been working with SBuilderX313 (SBX) and FSX Deluxe Acceleration on Windows 7 x 64 for over a year, making custom photorealistic scenery for myself. Within the last few days, SBX will no longer allow me to add a map from background, which was working fine before. Now it keeps crashing with the "has stopped " error, and the problem details show this each time:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: sbuilderx313.exe
Problem Signature 02: 3.1.3.0
Problem Signature 03: 4a70d61e
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 5174ddfb
Problem Signature 07: 3456
Problem Signature 08: 254
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.IOException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

I have all the available Windows 7x64 updates installed, and also .NET Framework 4.5. I have not changed any hardware on the PC, and the only recently installed program prior to this starting was an older version 7.0 of Google Earth (I have problems with 7.1).

FSX, the FS SDK, SBX, and all other FSX-related software is installed and running on a dedicated 500GB SSD, separate from the C drive. It currently has about 65GB of free space.

I have tried the installation .msi file's "repair SBX" option and it doesn't change anything. So I am currently backing up the SBX Tools folder (84GB) preparing to un-install and re-install SBX. Can anyone provide any other options I can try to make this work again?

Edit - removing and re-installing SBX did not help. It still won't let me add a map. Shortly after it starts to download the tiles it "stops".

Edit - On a hunch I decided to switch satellite servers. I prefer Virtual Earth, as I find their imagery to be consistently the best in the Great Lakes area I am doing. But just now I tried Google, and could not even get the full background map. I then tried Yahoo, and was successful in getting the map. In fact it went far more smoothly than most of the time with Virtual Earth, which rarely EVER gives you the last few tiles, and makes you hide and show the background a second time.

I've read about there being some kind of key files that Google Satellite access requires, which have been updated numerous times. I think maybe dll files? Could I possibly need a new one of those files for Virtual Earth? Where would I get it?

meshman

Re: Previously stable SBuilder X 313 now keeps "stopping"

Post by meshman » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:53 am

Any updated tile server DLL files can be found in the first thread of the forum or you might find updates in the SBuilderX sub-forum at FS Developer.
Lance

LoftyCyborg

Re: Previously stable SBuilder X 313 now keeps "stopping"

Post by LoftyCyborg » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:46 am

OK, thanks! I went there and could not download the Google Server dll listed this past May as newest. I also could not download that same file from FS Developer link to it as well. Is RhumbaFlappy's server out of commission?

Oddly, this issue resolved itself, but what I had to do in the Gaylord Michigan USA area (where it began) was resort to doing tiny sections no larger than 500 tiles each. Once I got away from that spot, I am back to being able to do an "add map from background" of whatever size I want. I just did one that was 1600 tiles.

Thanks for the help!