Sloped polys

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
jyarddog

Sloped polys

Post by jyarddog » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:55 pm

In a scenery of mine I have off to the left small ridge due to an elevation change. it isn't too bad, only a 15 or 20 ft climb or so. It would be nice to get rid of this or stretch it out more. It is NOT a cliff but a deffinate increase which is visible from top down basically.

I tried placing a polygon along this ridge with a 4 point poly. say point 1 and 2 is over the lower EL and points 3 and 4 are over the upper side.

I tried seting 1 and 2 to th elower EL and 3 and 4 to the upper EL. Everytime I choose another ppoint I see that when I go back to check my previous point entry- it has changed.

Another thing... Slope? x number of meter increase or decrease per 1,000 meters? How am Isupposed to measure that? And Heading? How do I make a point 'head' in the right direction?

I looked at help on that window..... Not clear. Pardon my ignorance but this speaks in brain surgery tems and I am just a first year med student! Is there anyone who can show me- step by step how this is done? Bob