Can't open SbuilderX 314 forum

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
iangbusa

Re: Can't open SbuilderX 314 forum

Post by iangbusa » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:22 pm

luisfeliztirado wrote:...For my part, I always use aerial images in the background for accurate and realistic object placement, since the default scenery is never really accurately placed anyway. A good aerial image not only shows the exact location of everything, but, with the SBuilderX Measuring Tool...
Luis - that's a great solution that I'd quite overlooked! I'm always creating photo-scenery and lining up things spatially but, this time, I didn't connect the dots and think about it in the context of simply placing scenery for land class, vector, etc. I'd say it's probably the best way to begin and then cross-check with one of the other methods - certainly more real-world accurate spatially for location and alignment (which is one of my pet subjects!).

I do use this approach for airfield alignment. Even without relying on a photo-scenery background for the final airfield scenery, it brings FSX "closer to reality". I should kick myself for not helping Doug with this advice!! :oops:

Cheers,
ian

JDLinn

Re: Can't open SbuilderX 314 forum

Post by JDLinn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:19 pm

I've got ADE and could use it, but I love SBX! (Old and GOOD habits!). For the excludes I can now use the IS3 tool I guess. But I'm not going to give up on SBX. Maybe someone will come up with a solution ... and when they do, I'll work it and be using SBX again. :-) Thanks for all the help folks.

Doug/RTMM