Prepar3D 2.5 and SBuilderX

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
JDLinn

Prepar3D 2.5 and SBuilderX

Post by JDLinn » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi ...
Couldn't find the answer using search, so I'll post. Is the new SBuilderX compatible with P3D V2.5? I can make a bgl, but it doesn't have any effect on the scenery. I could do it before with 2.4.

Thank you, Doug

meshman

Re: Prepar3D 2.5 and SBuilderX

Post by meshman » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Where does the BGL file go? v2.5 of P3D did away with the \Addon Scenery folder structure. So if there's no place to copy the BGL file, it would have no results.

The Sbuilder.ini file has an entry under [Main] that will direct files to a specific location. Personally, I always send output to a folder outside of FSX or P3D and do a copy and paste.
Lance

JDLinn

Re: Prepar3D 2.5 and SBuilderX

Post by JDLinn » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:04 pm

Thank you Lance. I direct the finished bgl to my desktop, then I decide when/where it goes! :-) Found the problem. I have P3D 2.5. I had downloaded the P3D SDK. What I did to make it work was copy the folders from P3D SDK that contained the things SBuilder was looking for and place them into my SBuildX folder. Everything started working fine. Of course on the front end, it says "cannot find FSX on this computer" ...a no brainer, I don't have FSX! :-) But getting rid of that, it comes right up and everything seems to be working. I didn't realize I had to copy those files from P3D SDK into my SBuildX folder. It wasn't working as it was, so what the heck, I tried it ... and got rewarded for taking the chance.

Doug