White images while trying to load images in SBuildier

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
kmanning

White images while trying to load images in SBuildier

Post by kmanning » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:40 am

I've just installed SBuilderX. In the Preference, I've selected Google Satellite. When I go to View and click Show Background, the satellite image is okay. But every time I try to zoom out or zoom in, white incomplete images shows up all over. Now what's the problem? I know I installed SBuilderX correctly. I've been trying to work with other programs, such as ObPlace XML, and had nothing but problems. And now I've having problems with SBuilder. Every time I turn around, going from one program to another, I'm having some kind of issues. I've watched the videos and followed all instructions to the T. I read somewhere that another person was having the exact same problem but it doesn't seem that anyone knows what's going on. The person in the video had no problem with the SBuilder. Also, when I zoom in, the resolution is terrible. In the video, it was great. Now why is it I can't get those same performances. I have a fairly powerful computer and I have broadband Internet. I've also updated the GoogleServer.dll, dated July 12, 2014.

Ken.

luisfeliztirado

Re: White images while trying to load images in SBuildier

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:06 pm

Hello Ken,

Depending on the area of the world, there may not be images of high resolution available.

When you zoom in, SBuilderX attempts to load higher resolution tiles from Google. If Google does not have any, then either a white tile is displayed or a tile indicating that there are no images available.

It is neither SBuilderX's fault, nor even Google's. Google licenses those images from various sources and often there is a limit to resolution. In my part of the world, resolution is limited to 1 meter per pixel in large urban areas and much less outside of them.

Best regards.
Luis

kmanning

Post by kmanning » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:50 pm

kmanning wrote:I've just installed SBuilderX. In the Preference, I've selected Google Satellite. When I go to View and click Show Background, the satellite image is okay. But every time I try to zoom out or zoom in, white incomplete images shows up all over. Now what's the problem? I know I installed SBuilderX correctly. I've been trying to work with other programs, such as ObPlace XML, and had nothing but problems. And now I've having problems with SBuilder. Every time I turn around, going from one program to another, I'm having some kind of issues. I've watched the videos and followed all instructions to the T. I read somewhere that another person was having the exact same problem but it doesn't seem that anyone knows what's going on. The person in the video had no problem with the SBuilder. Also, when I zoom in, the resolution is terrible. In the video, it was great. Now why is it I can't get those same performances. I have a fairly powerful computer and I have broadband Internet. I've also updated the GoogleServer.dll, dated July 12, 2014.

Ken.
Hi all,
I found the problem. It's not because Google Earth did not have any of the tiles available. All I was able to find, up to this point, was GoogleServer 87, 89, 115, 125, or something like that, and these dated back last year. They may work okay for someone living on the other side of the globe where Google Earth may not update their images is often, so I'm not sure if Google Earth updates those images on a regular basis. But if they do, no one has posted the latest GoogleServer file. I just happen to remember that Google Earth had just updated their images so I got to thinking there must be a GoogleServer file that's later than those posted. I had to look and search all over the place to find the file that would work. The latest is 165, dating February 2015. Since this is where SBuilderX is downloaded from, it seems to me there ought to be a link for the latest version of GoogleServer so that when Google Earth updates the images, one can come here to get the latest tiles that will work for SBuilderX. I've noticed that there are links posted here that do not work nor they do not open the site. If anyone is still having issues as I've described in the first post, let me know and I'll post the link. So far, it works okay.

Ken.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:49 am

Google Server version 165 was posted here by Dick Ludowise last February.

The link is in the topic that is pinned at the top of this forum,

Tile Server Plug-ins for SbuilderX

I just clicked on that link and was able to download without any issues.

Best regards.
Luis