Problem "not a double precision number" with shp files

This forum is dedicated to discussions about the SBuilderX update for 64-bit Windows platforms.
Simulondo

Problem "not a double precision number" with shp files

Post by Simulondo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:04 am

Hello there

I've started a new proyect with a high number of .shp's, but I have the next problem:

When I import .shp from QGis, I use the option "altitude imported polys" from one of the fields. The problem is I always get the next error:

"is not a double precision number and will ignored"

In Qgis I've created this field as "Decimal (real)" but I've also tried with "integer" even "integer 64bit" with the same result. BTW my system has "." as decimal symbol and the projection I set is long/lat and WGS84.

Looking in this forum and in FSDeveloper I've found this post with a possible solution:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thread ... ow.430962/
The drawback of this solution is the globalmapper. I would prefer to stay with a free/open source solution like QGis+Sbuilder Combo.

I found a possible reason of this problem too:
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thread ... erx.17824/

But after several test, the error continues to appear

As example, I've attached a shape (only 1 poly) with three fields (four, with the ID) as elevation in different formats:

1. ID (string)
2. Ele_real (decimal- real)
3. Ele_int (integer)
4. Ele_int64 (integer 64 bit)

I will appreciate any help to find a solution or workaround.

Regards
Attachments
test_elev.zip
(29.28 KiB) Downloaded 1076 times

luisfeliztirado

Re: Problem "not a double precision number" with shp files

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:36 pm

There have, unfortunately, been no replies so far. Aside from the links you provided, I know of no other way to solve this problem. Sorry.

Best regards.
Luis

Simulondo

Post by Simulondo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:50 am

Thank you for your reply Luis.

In this case I will put this project on standby. Thankfully it's in its early stage so it's not very painful. There is a huge number of lakes and it's no viable edit all of them by hand in Sbuilder. And, as I said before, Globalmapper is not an option for me due its price,.

BTW, Luis, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the tutorials that you made all these years. I follow your work since the AVSim design forum years (pre-FSDeveloper ages). I learnt a lot with them and I really appreciate your effort.

Regards.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:18 am

Thank you for your kind words.

Best regards.
Luis