Help needed with google_api3_water

This forum is dedicated to discussions about the SBuilderX update released on November 30th 2017 for anyCPU Windows platforms.
sxa1376

Help needed with google_api3_water

Post by sxa1376 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Hello guys i need some help in order to use this new feature in tile servers called:
Google_api3_water
If for example i use for photoscenery the tile server:
Google_api3_satelite
Then if i go for a new photoscenery project and i choose an image contain both land and water through " Add map" and then "from background" and make a custom selection a new image should created with "google_api3_satelite".
Now if i want to make it blend i will edit as usual painting all land white and all water in black and i will save this with the sufix _B as a tiff. If i understand correctly the use of the "google_api3_water" will make this procces really easy so my question is how after i choose an image from background i can then choose the same image through "google_api3_water" with the exactly the same coordinates and this can be in the same project?
Many thanks in advance. Also i am sorry for my English they are bad.

iangbusa

Re: Help needed with google_api3_water

Post by iangbusa » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:05 pm

Water Masks should use suffix _W. Blend Masks use suffix _B. You can add both the satellite image and a water image into the project for saving and editing in your chosen image editor to make the .tif mask files. Just don't compile the water image Map#.

sxa1376

Post by sxa1376 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:00 am

Hello Ian i know that i can do that (to load into project a satelite image and a water image as well) but the thing in order to succed is how i can get the water image with exactly the same coordinates as the satelite image? Does anyone knows how this can be done? Because if inside a project for example i go "edit" then "tile servers" and then i choose "Google_api3_Satelite" and then i go to "view" then "show backgroung" and then "File", "Add map", "Add map from backround" and make a selection a satelite image will created. Now i do the same process from the begining but for "tile servers" i choose "Google_api3_Water" and continue with the same steps again but the water image which is selected from
"Add map from backround" has not the same coordinates with the satelite image. Is there any way that this can be achieved?

iangbusa

Post by iangbusa » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:50 am

Without changing the center of your image, can you not just change the tile server between grabbing the photo-image and then the water image, ensuring that you have exactly the same magnification or zoom level set? Does this not get you two images with the same co-ordinates? You can save both, one over the other in SBX. Of course, you must have exactly the same area selected - same center, extents, and zoom. When compiling, just select the photo image. You just use the water image to make the mask and save as a TIF file.
ian
PS You would have to rename the initial Map/Photo before capturing the image from the second tile server. Do this is the (right-click) Properties dialog. Rename it and save new Data File to overwrite the original