A Couple of Odd Things

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
kjb

A Couple of Odd Things

Post by kjb » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:51 am

I've run into a couple of strange things that probably don't have anything to do with SBuilderX, but I thought I'd ask here. I'm almost done with this small scenery, but can't find a way to fix these problems.

On the east side of the scenery is a narrow black stripe that stops short of the north and south corners. Also, the autogen in a small part of the southeast corner doesn't show up. There isn't anything there that should exclude the autogen.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:44 am

Hello,

Could you describe how you got the scenery that we see?

Regards,

Luis

kjb

Post by kjb » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:58 am

The maps are from "Virtual Earth Satellite" of the Wickenburg, AZ area northwest of Phoenix. The airport is E25. I let SBuilder download and add the maps 7 x 5 at Zoom = 15. There are 28 of them. The only editing was to create the night textures from the files in the work directory. CompressionQuality is set at 90. After that I realigned the airport and matched up the taxiways and parking with FSXPlanner, then did autogen for the whole area.

This is a screenshot of the maps in SbuilderX.

The autogen in the southeast corner is working now. For some reason, a small part of the last bgl, didn't work with rectangular autogen. It did work when I switched to polygons.

Everything seems to match up nicely with the mesh and the photo. The roads meet the default roads at the perimeter of the photo almost perfectly. The only glitch I can see in the photo is that dark stripe on the east side where it meets the default tiles. It doesn't appear anywhere else.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:29 am

Hello Kjb,

I am sorry but I have no idea why you get the blue strip.

Regards, Luis

kjb

Post by kjb » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:53 am

Thanks for taking a look at it. The stripe is probably another FSX 'feature' :)

I really like how SBuilderX is going. It sure makes this kind of scenery easy to do.