Many many questions..

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
vikartindur

Many many questions..

Post by vikartindur » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:47 am

Hello,

I am quite new to editing and creating scenery. I use fs 2004.

I have tried a couple of times to create photoreal textures through fs earth tiles. I can also create water/land separation, well this is only a step.

I am currently working on an idea where after i apply the photoreal texture, i find out that the ground geography does not fit with the image from google e.... In other words, the runway on the simulator is on a plain which is about 2 meters above the sea and there's a slope towards the sea after the runway. But when i apply the photoreal texture, i see that i must align the airport with the photoreal data, i must move the airport so that it fits on the photoreal texture (ok, this is very easy with an afcad editor.)

Now at this step i have a problem. I also need to edit this MESH data, the slope to be precise, because the land is not flat where the airport must be moved. The freeware addon MESH i use is a "scenery" folder which contains .bgl files named according to their coordinates.

I have read the manuals and tutorials but i couldn't find a way to edit this geographical data.

Now, is it possible to edit a bgl file to correct the land? Or, should i find and download new raw data to start working from zero?

Many thanks, Tuna

Luis Sa

Re: Many many questions..

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Hello,

It is not possible to extract elevation data from the BGL. There was a tool to do that but it was retired by the author. Therefore you need to make a replacement mesh if flatten polygons can not do the job for you. Have tried flattens or slopped polygons? SBuilder206 can help you on that.

Kind Regards,

Luis

vikartindur

Re: Many many questions..

Post by vikartindur » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:16 pm

hello again, thanks for the reply..

i was working on sbuilder in the last few days. i also checked out tutorials which i could find from the internet. i showed some progress in understanding polygons and lines, and corrected my land/water masks and the shoreline.

now i still have this elevation problem before i can pass onto the next step, 3d objects.

the area, surrounding LTBW (small ga airfield in istanbul) is found on scenery/asia/scenery in the files xx955170.bgl.

i appended FL955170.bgl and found out the original flatten polygon. but as i was working on sbuilder, i found out that this polygon was useless when i moved the airport to its correct position.

i created a new polygon but now i see that it has no use. could this be the effect of the addon mesh files? how can i make this flatten polygon effective? changing layers could be a solution??

not flat under the runway :(
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6073/77590476.jpg