Where is the photo.ini file???

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Clutch Cargo

Where is the photo.ini file???

Post by Clutch Cargo » Wed May 06, 2009 5:48 am

Hey Luis,

I have been reading every post in this forum starting waaaay back to March 25, 2004 when you first created SBuilder! Boy what a wealth of information when you take the time to read them. It has answered many questions and has opened me to new techniques. I am glad you still have SBuilder forums for FS2004 running as many of us have not moved on to FSX.

I came across one thread very important to me called "Pre-release of version 2.05" on page 12 dated Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:18 am. where you state the following:

"You can control the operation of high resolution scenery using a set of parameters found in the INI file. Here is the list:"

[Photo]
HWinterEnd=-1
HWinterStart=-1
WinterEnd=76
WinterStart=356
FallEnd=355
FallStart=263
SpringEnd=169
SpringStart=77
MeshBias=0
FlattenBias=0
Zbias=0
PhotoRange=5000
PhotoCall=LayerCall( :lcall 4 )

The question I have is, where is this ini file? Do I create it? Do I use the hi-res photo.scm file for this and add the [PHOTO] section? When I compile the only 'ini' file I see is for the terrain mesh.

I am particularly interested in the Zbias() parameter. Did you ever implement the
AltitudeGap= parameter?

I know this is jogging your memory but hopefully I have made it easier for you too remember. :)

Clutch

Luis Sa

Re: Where is the photo.ini file???

Post by Luis Sa » Thu May 07, 2009 2:58 am

Hello,

The INI file is side by side to SBuilder.EXE. You can open it with Notepad.exe and save it again after editing it. I hope you will be able to achieve your project. Please come back if still in difficulty.

Regards,

Luis

Clutch Cargo

Post by Clutch Cargo » Thu May 07, 2009 6:06 pm

Ah yes, right there in front of me. Tell me, does the AltitudeGap= parameter work?

thx

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu May 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Hello,

I do not remember about "AltitudeGap= parameter". But the Zbias works as far as I remember. What I suggest is that you start an experimental project, load a simplified version of your data and compile (not copying the BGL and Bitmaps to the target folders). Immediately, go to the ../SBuilder/Tools/Work/ folder and list the files by creation date. At the top you will find the SCASM file generated some seconds earlier. Open it and look for the ZBias. Change the parameter in the ini and compile again. Open the new SCASM file and see if it changed according. Only after that it worths to look in FS. I am sorry for not answering your specific question.

Kind Regards,

Luis

Clutch Cargo

Post by Clutch Cargo » Sat May 09, 2009 4:32 pm

Just an FYI - Tested the ini file a lot lately. Sadley, the MeshBias= and the FlattonBias= do not work, :( Bummer as it would have been nice to experiment with those. Zbias= does work but you have to end SBuilder completely and restart the program each time you want to see a change.

So where's that Sbuilder 3.0 update! Ha! :mrgreen:

Ah... after further reading I may have been testing MeshBias= incorrectly. I thought you were to apply that when you make hi-res Flattons but you say to try it if you have bleed thru using the Make Flattons option. Maybe that's why it was not appearing in the scasm file.