Could not make an image

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
soulmaril

Could not make an image

Post by soulmaril » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 am

I might be misssing something about my topic if this is the case please accept my apologies.

while trying to make a map from background image I am getting an error message saying "Could not make an image". What is this? How can I prevent it?

meshman

Re: Could not make an image

Post by meshman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:14 pm

Usually it's from trying to make a map that is too large for the system to handle. Try making a much smaller area to verfiy that the process is working. Then you will have to do some trial and error to find out how large an area you can make into one map.

You can make many smaller maps with SBX and then combine the data manually through a MultiSource INF file to make one BGL file.
Lance

soulmaril

Post by soulmaril » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:26 pm

When we make a multisource inf file how do we compile their seasonal, night, blend and water mask textures for each of them? How do we edit the inf file?

meshman

Post by meshman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:42 pm

The .INF file can be edited with Notepad or any other plain text editor. The SDKs offer some examples for reference.

All the variations that you list are just another source file to the Resample compiler and just need to be listed out in the .INF file. The Resample compiler is very good and efficient, but quite unforgiving if there are errors in the .INF file.
Lance

soulmaril

Post by soulmaril » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:25 am

Mehsman, thank you for your answers,

I think my words dont say what I mean. By asking how to edit the file I didn't mean which program to edit. Sorry for it. What I mean is , I want to compile a scenery with multisource. I have 2 sources. I know I have to create a inf file with multisource tag but I dont know how to tag the alternate textures (seasons, night, blend, water) for each image sources.

I will try a sample as your advice. thank you.