Sbuilder.chm is not help for me

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
sfrenchie

Sbuilder.chm is not help for me

Post by sfrenchie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:02 am

Hello,

I run the application, click on Help and that opens the Sbuilder.chm file. From there I can click or double-click on any topic and nothing is displayed. I am using Windows 7. Help please as I have no idea how to use Sbuilder.

Thanks,
Patrick

Sidney Schwartz

Re: Sbuilder.chm is not help for me

Post by Sidney Schwartz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:10 am

Make sure you have the latest version of Sbuilder. I think I had this same problem with an older version. Another way to open the help file is to open the Sbuilder/HTML folder and double click on the help file.

sfrenchie

Post by sfrenchie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:51 pm

Thank you for your reply. I just downloaded and install it so I suppose it's the last version. I have v2.05 revision 6.
Another way to open the help file is to open the Sbuilder/HTML folder and double click on the help file.
Yup, I have tried that too.

Sidney Schwartz

Post by Sidney Schwartz » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Sorry I can't be of more help. I'm still using Windows XP and don't know doodly about Win 7. :(

sfrenchie

Post by sfrenchie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:23 am

It's cool, I surely appreciate your effort.

Mick

Post by Mick » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:55 am

Hi sfrenchie,

I'm not into Windows 7, but from Vista I remember that they were giving me trouble opening .chm help files in the beginning, too. I suppose it's a Windows version problem that you might be able to solve through Microsofts Win7 updates or patches.

In another forum I just detected immediate help for you and your system: The programmer Komeil Bahmanpour recently supplied a little tool there, which seems to solve the Windows 7 problem with older Windows help files. Just download his Windows Help Program (WinHlp32) installer.

Hope it helps, 8)
regards
Mick