Error message

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
sfrenchie

Error message

Post by sfrenchie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:58 am

Hi,

I start the application, click on New project and get error 372. I saw a couple other posts referring to the same issue but there is no reply to those posts :?:

"Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with the application"...ok, but none was actually provided.

Patrick

rhumbaflappy

Re: Error message

Post by rhumbaflappy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:14 pm

You are using Windows 7 64-bit, right?

Turn off UAC and do not install any FS tools to "Program Files" in Vista or Windows 7.
Microsoft really screwed up when they created those folders for the newer operating system. Those default folders are for needed operating system files, not users added applications, unlike the norm in WindowsXP.

Also don't run in compatibility modes.. I don't believe that's needed. I'm suspecting you have the VB6 runtimes installed with Windows 7, as it supports VB6 by default.

Make a folder named C:\FS_Stuff, and install all FS9 and FSX tools and auxiliary programs there... it will make your life much more pleasant.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If it still doesn't work...

Make a restore point.

SBuilder9 is a Visual Basic 6 program, so you may be missing the VB6 runtimes. Search the web for them. Otherwise find a copy of TABCTL32.ocx on the web, and place it in the SBuilder9 root folder. ( now in C:\FS_Stuff ??! )

Attached is my TABCTL32.ocx from my ...\Windows\system32\ folder
TABCTL32.zip
WindowsXP TABCTL32.ocx
(102.15 KiB) Downloaded 2281 times
It may work, as it does in my WindowsXP SP3 32-bit system. Do not overwrite any copies of your TABCTL32.ocx if it already exists.
Dick

sfrenchie

Post by sfrenchie » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:52 pm

rhumbaflappy wrote:You are using Windows 7 64-bit, right?

Turn off UAC and do not install any FS tools to "Program Files" in Vista or Windows 7.
Microsoft really screwed up when they created those folders for the newer operating system. Those default folders are for needed operating system files, not users added applications, unlike the norm in WindowsXP.
You guessed right, Win7-64.
rhumbaflappy wrote:Make a folder named C:\FS_Stuff, and install all FS9 and FSX tools and auxiliary programs there... it will make your life much more pleasant.
All my FS stuff is on a separate virtual drive so Sbuilder is installed in: G:\SBuilderFS9\
rhumbaflappy wrote:If it still doesn't work...Make a restore point.
SBuilder9 is a Visual Basic 6 program, so you may be missing the VB6 runtimes. Search the web for them. Otherwise find a copy of TABCTL32.ocx on the web, and place it in the SBuilder9 root folder. ( now in C:\FS_Stuff ??! )
I had already done that and found an ocx 2 years more recent than yours (2006). I installed it in system32 and registered it...didn't help. I also just reinstalled the vb6 runtimes and that didn't help either.
I also just tried to install a copy of my ocx int the Sbuilder folder and register it, no help.
rhumbaflappy wrote:Attached is my TABCTL32.ocx from my ...\Windows\system32\ folder
I installed it in the Sbuilder folder and registered it, no help either.

Would it be possible for you to create and distribute an installation set using the "Application Setup Wizard", that way all necessary files would be distributed?

Regard,
Patrick (Developer)

P.s.: I will try installing Sbuilder on my XP system and see if I am luckier there but I still would like to have it running on this machine (Win7).

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:38 pm

I'm a bit stumped. Lots of people are using SBuilder9 on Windows7 64-bit. Where did you download it?

Dick
Dick

sfrenchie

Post by sfrenchie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:55 am

Honestly I couldn't tell you and thanks to MS trying to fix my problem got me to a nightmare situation where I had to completely reinstall Windows 7...yes. Anyway, I'm done with that so on a fresh Win install I just tried installing SbuilderFS9 and I got the same result, same error. I tried installing it on my XP box (same download) and it works like a charm. I have no idea what is wrong on my Win 7 box or what kind of incompability I am bumping into.

I have read some of the help file, I say some because right before I went through the MS Terrain SDK and not feeling like reading more details :shock: that's what my eyes look like now.
I have a simple question: my goal is not to do some elaborate work with Sbuilder but simply to remove a street light and street sign that are in the middle of a newly created runway. I checked in LWMViewer2, they are VTP so any exclude I tried didn't work. Since I didn't see anywhere in the help file a reference to opening a bgl I am wondering if it is possible to remove VTP from a file in Sbuilder and if so how would I proceed?

Thanks,
Patrick

fl220

Post by fl220 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:42 pm

Hello,

I need your help. And I ask if you could spare your precious time to consider my request.
I am trying to create airport background photoscenery of FZAA airport , for FS2004.

I have used FS Earth Tiles to download image background . But I am using Sbuilder for FS2004 to create the tiles.
However, I am getting errors when using Sbuilder and each time when I try to start FS2004.

See attached pdf file to find errors I am getting, on pages: 1, 2,
is the selection correct on pages 3 and 5?
see page 7, for error when starting FS2004

I would like to know what I am doing wrong and what I should do to avoid these errors

Thank you for your time and consideration,
FL220
Attachments
SBuilder_ error).pdf
(890.6 KiB) Downloaded 674 times