SBUILDER and FTX Global

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Robbert

SBUILDER and FTX Global

Post by Robbert » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi
We've being using Sbuilder for all our Freeware Projects at Aeroworx for FSX including the LC for South Africa and will keep on doing so, lately many of Simmers in South Africa have purchase FTX Global although it does not have a custom land class for Africa the end users still enjoy the improved textures and still use our Land class as its still the best free product out there for Southern Africa. My concern now is that I saw in the terrain. cfg LC tiles was added by ORBX an due to the enormous changes to the default textures we need to make some changes to our land class (Mostly Towns). Is is possible to update the .jpg and other files used by Sbuilder as quick refrence wrt LC and polys to included the new textures of ORBX for example:
ORBX_BRAIDED_RIVER_NW_SE=79
ORBX_BRAIDED_RIVER_SW_NE=80
ORBX_FIELDS_AND_WINDBREAKS_NW-SE=81
ORBX_FIELDS_AND_WOODS_1=82
ORBX_FIELDS_AND_WOODS_NW-SE=83
ORBX_MIXED_TREES_N-S=84
ORBX_MIXED_TREES_NW-SE=85
ORBX_MIXED_TREES_NON-GRID_1=86
ORBX_IRRIGATED_FIELDS_NW-SE=87

Maybe a default version of SbuilderX and one for SbuilderX_ORBX. Due to the complexity of the African Landscape its frustrating to do polys or LC when end result in FSX is totally different what you expected due to the FTX Texture Changes. I can give our end users using FTX Global a cold Shoulder but would not like to do so.
After I installed FTX Global and opened the new terrain.cfg I really was impressed that FTX Global kept your changes to the to the original Terrain.cfg
This modified FS X terrain.cfg is the result of discussions among
// various scenery designers during testing of Flight Simulator X.
// The modifications are the work of
// Richard Ludowise and Luis F�liz-Tirado.
// November 2006
//
// REPAIRED AIRPORT AUTOGEN TREE EXCLUSION ISSUES
// AND OTHER FIXES: BY NICK NEEDHAM JAN 2013
Regards
http://aeroworxsa.blogspot.com/

Luis Sa

Re: SBUILDER and FTX Global

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:51 pm

Hello,

I could not quite understand what you require. Could you please explain?

When SBuilderX is installed it can install the modified terrain.cfg or keep the original one (by FSX). If you want to build scenery assuming that the end users have a specific terrain.cfg I would place that cfg where the original one resides and, if necessary, would reinstall SBuilderX telling it to use that "original" (better saying fake) cfg.

I am sorry if I am not following you,

Regards, Luis

meshman

Post by meshman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Robbert wrote:Is is possible to update the .jpg and other files used by Sbuilder as quick refrence wrt LC and polys to included the new textures of ORBX for example:...
It is possible for a user to add entries, such as those listed, into SBuilderX.

For land classification you would add the entries to the bottom of the Lands.txt file. Same applies for polys or line data. Grab a screenshot showing the area, name it as is shown within the existing data's scheme of things and you will be able to use the new features within SBX.

You might inquire of the maker of the add on product and see if they have made any such changes, should they be using SBuilderX. The only thing might be a rejection, as they appear to want to discourage any end user implementation of their work. And THAT would preclude the developer of SBuilderX from making any changes to SBX, unless the add on maker were to give permissions.
Lance

Robbert

Post by Robbert » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:51 am

When SBuilderX is installed it can install the modified terrain.cfg or keep the original one (by FSX). If you want to build scenery assuming that the end users have a specific terrain.cfg I would place that cfg where the original one resides and, if necessary, would reinstall SBuilderX telling it to use that "original" (better saying fake) cfg.
Thanks Luis totally forgot about this option
You might inquire of the maker of the add on product and see if they have made any such changes, should they be using SBuilderX. The only thing might be a rejection, as they appear to want to discourage any end user implementation of their work.
This will be the Obstacle and confirming what my thoughts where. Thanks for the reply Meshman, for now it will be best to keep away from using textures that is not the intellectual property of our-self.

For interest, I saw this posting that explained maybe my initial problem quite better http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thread ... de.428553/