Tile Server Plug-Ins for SBuilderX

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
jozopovazan

Re: Tile Server Plug-Ins for SBuilderX

Post by jozopovazan » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:05 pm

Great!

Thank you very much,
You helped me a lot,
It works prerfectly.

Jozo

Zappa

Post by Zappa » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:33 am

Hi,
Just lately (this year) I've been unable to get an image from the "NokiaImagary" tile server. SBX goes through the motions of downloading the tiles but only ever displays a white background. The "HERE Maps" web site seems to be fine. Is anyone else experiencing this or must something have changed at my end?
Also, I've never been able to add a map using "From Here (Nokia)" I always get a "Could not get a Here Nokia image" error. I do have an active plan with HERE Maps and have entered my ID and Code into SBX's ini file.
Any help / suggestions with these problems would be most appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Gary.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:21 am

Hello Gary,

HERE has gone through a number of changes lately, as you most likely know. I have no idea if this has anything to do with your problems, but have you checked the status of your HERE subscription on the web site?

It is also possible that a mapping or image service does not cover certain areas. If a project is in some out-of-the-way location, HERE may have nothing.

Best regards.
Luis

Zappa

Post by Zappa » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:19 am

Hello Luis and thanks for your quick reply and ideas.

I'd already checked my HERE account and it's all in order. I'd also checked HERE maps for their coverage of the areas I'm after and they are very good, hence my eagerness to be able to access them once again.

However, it's good to know that there's no problem with SBX or the plug-in. I'll have to do some more digging to find out what's changed with my set up.

Thanks again,
Gary.

Zappa

Post by Zappa » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Hello again,
Well, after some experimentation I can get the problem to reproduce with Google Satellite too if I use an older version of the tile plug-in. So, I'm thinking that with all the recent changes to HERE that the Nokia Imagery plug-in could be out of date. It would be handy if someone could confirm this for me please either one way or the other. (for ref, the date of the NokiaSatelliteServer.dll file I have is 15/10/14)
Cheers,
Gary

Rilex

Post by Rilex » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi, can someone please tell me in what format I should enter my app code value into ini file for Nokia server.
What ever I type i get exe error...

iangbusa

HERE [Nokia] Tile Server Plug-Ins for SBuilderX

Post by iangbusa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:36 am

Hi Luis

I'm a bit slow asking this question (EDIT: and, sorry, I only just saw all the posts above) but where and how do I place the HERE Application Key in the .ini file? I assume it's the App ID and not the App Code?

Thanks,

ian

Zappa

Post by Zappa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:18 pm

iangbusa wrote: I'm a bit slow asking this question (EDIT: and, sorry, I only just saw all the posts above) but where and how do I place the HERE Application Key in the .ini file? I assume it's the App ID and not the App Code?

ian
Rilex wrote:Hi, can someone please tell me in what format I should enter my app code value into ini file for Nokia server.
What ever I type i get exe error...
Hey Guys,
Regarding your HERE app ID and Code, you need to copy both of these into the .ini file. Open the .ini file for editing with something like Notepad coping both your ID and Code in place of the temporary codes which are at the end of the [Miscelaneous] section and save your file. Make sure your new file is still saved as an .ini file and not a .txt file.
This should get rid of the pop up that says your using a temp ID however I'm still unable to add a map from HERE. (see my posts above) If you get it to work, could you let me know please.
Good luck!
Gary

Rilex

Post by Rilex » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:23 pm

Hey Guys,
Regarding your HERE app ID and Code, you need to copy both of these into the .ini file. Open the .ini file for editing with something like Notepad coping both your ID and Code in place of the temporary codes which are at the end of the [Miscelaneous] section and save your file. Make sure your new file is still saved as an .ini file and not a .txt file.
This should get rid of the pop up that says your using a temp ID however I'm still unable to add a map from HERE. (see my posts above) If you get it to work, could you let me know please.
Good luck!
Gary
You must be talking about version 3.14, buggiest version ever released, wont even work on windows 10.
I'm still using 3.13, and there are is no Miscellaneous tag, or any codes in ini file.

iangbusa

Post by iangbusa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:57 pm

Just FYI - I do have 314 working on Win 10 so let us know what your problems are and perhaps we can help? (And thanks to all those on forums here particularly the Luis'es and Gary who helped me to get it going (in Win 8) when 314 came out. Subsequently it worked without any problems on 8.1 and 10. Fingers-crossed and knock on wood (I'm not superstitious).

Zappa

Post by Zappa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:36 pm

Rilex wrote: You must be talking about version 3.14, buggiest version ever released, wont even work on windows 10.
I'm still using 3.13, and there are is no Miscellaneous tag, or any codes in ini file.
Yeap, I'm referring to 3.14, that's when HERE was introduced. I still use 3.13 to compile terrain vectors etc, something that I haven't managed to do with 3.14 however both versions are happily running (almost) with Win10. SBX3.14 is great for large areas of photo imagery.
Last edited by Zappa on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:06 am

I think that there is one feature of SBuilderX version 3.14 that will not work with Windows 10 because at the time Windows 10 did not exist! So, it does not seem very fair to call SBuilderX buggy.

The previous version, as mentioned numerous times in this forum, can be used with Windows 10, if desired.

Version 3.14 fixed a number of bugs and added some features that major developers (the beta team :lol: ) requested.

I obtained a developer ID for Nokia Maps (now known as HERE) at the time of the beta and only used it then. There were no particular problems with access at the time.

My registration still appears as active at the HERE web site, but I have no idea if HERE has changed anything regarding access.

Best regards.
Luis

iangbusa

Post by iangbusa » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:53 am

I entered both my app_id and my app_code, generated today, into the 314 ini file. I've verified they're accurate. The section was labeled [Miscelaneous] (one "l"). I tried it as-is. I tried relabeling as [Miscellaneous] (2 l's!). Either way - imagery tiles count down and appear to load but nothing shows in the window and I only get a white background. This also sometimes happens with Google imagery. It never happens with VirtualEarthSatellite.

I have updated all the dll files to the latest versions I can find. I've also tried it on my Win 7 laptop.

Also - this isn't the problem of counting down to 1 (or sometimes 3-4) tiles. That's typically easily corrected by turning off Show Background and turning it back on again.

Wish I knew what was going on and what I'm doing wrong. :cry:

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:17 pm

Probably nothing being done wrong at all. It sounds more as if HERE has changed something in the way tiles are accessed or perhaps the dll no longer points to the correct location at the HERE server.

In any case, it does not seem to be a problem with SBuilderX at all, and it contines to work correctly with other image servers.

Best regards.
Luis

iangbusa

Post by iangbusa » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:33 pm

That seems most probable, Luis. I wonder if HERE support would be able to help? Where does the dll come from? I can contact them too see what we can do.
ian