calibrate a map

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
jyarddog

calibrate a map

Post by jyarddog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:37 pm

sometimes I have tried to get a map from google Earth and then add map from disk. I then have to calibrate it. How do I know what lat and lon are AND where do I plug them into?

I have no idea what point 1 and point 2 mean in the calibration window.

Once or twice I did have the txt file when I could not get the background image but did get the cords in the txt file. I used that once and it was fairly close, but I was guessing as to where to put what .... where.

Step by step would be very helpful. Remember- concerning this procedure, many of you are brain surgeons.... I am just a pre med student......... therefore step by step and terms I can understand as a premed would be helpful. bob

luisfeliztirado

Re: calibrate a map

Post by luisfeliztirado » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:34 am

The Help file contains detailed and illustrated instructions on Map Calibration.

Since I am no rocket scientist, not even pre-med, the Help file is written in language that common and ordinary people can understand.

Best regards.
Luis

jyarddog

Re: calibrate a map

Post by jyarddog » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:40 am

HAHAHAHA! From one non-pre-med student to another- thanx!!!! hahaha will look through it! bob