Portugal Terrain - cannot reach PTSIM & runtime error 364

Look here for an answer to a problem that you encountered when using Portugal Terrain. Post a message here if you think that your problem can help others!
Luis Sa

Re: Portugal Terrain - cannot reach PTSIM & runtime error 364

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:20 am

Olá Leonardo,

Eu não sei se és programador e se consegues entender Visual Basic. Se for o caso no github está lá a fonte do conversor.

https://github.com/LuisVSa

Eu vou dar uma olhada para ver se recordo o que é convertido e o que não é convertido. Sugiro que continuemos esta discussão no outro post. Aliás penso que se a questão da instalação do PTT ficar resolvida tenho que arrumar isto aqui!

Abraço, Luis

Editado - não se consegue ver grande coisa! Apenas uma questão ligada com o separador decimal que era uma fonte de problemas no SB205.

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:43 am

Oi Luis,

Great! Will test that instalation method and report the result ASAP!
Hopefully this will sort it out for good! :)

Also am I to understand that if we use this method (which the installer warns it is a permanent installation, etc...) we won't be able to uninstall and re-install with the same code, but; we can always generate a new code for a new installation, should this be required right? (I'm only asking this because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to re-install my whole FS9 setup in the near future due to a Voicepack problem :/ )

Sim Concordo que o tema é mais adequado à outra thread, infelizmente não sou programador nem nada que se pareça, e percebo perto de 0 sobre código e programação no geral :/

Mas continuemos este assunto na outra thread sim!

Obrigado / Thank you!

Leonardo

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:24 am

Luis I just installed PTT using the previous mentioned installer and code generator, and it all worked flawlessly!
No more errors on startup of FS9 :)
I checked all around, Lisboa, both photoreal areas, along the Alentejo coast, ria de Aveiro, Porto, Serra da Estrela, and everywhere the scenery looks amazing!

Posso finalmente explorar o país à séria no simulador haha! :)

There is only one small 'bug' in the scenery, which is a square of water that appears in the region of barragem da Aguieira (acho que no Rio Cris)
I have annexed a picture showing what I mean.
If this isn't an easy fix, or you don't have the time/means to solve it, I might try to sort it our myself with Sbuilder, if you allow me of course!

Leonardo
Attachments
WaterSquare_error_PTT.PNG

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:23 am

Luis I managed to fix the previously mentioned problem!
I opened the bgl file "MONDEGO_LWM" with SBuilder205 and noticed right away that there was a square polygon there that was the offending feature in the scenery!
Simply deleting that polygon, recompiling the BGL and replacing the original file with the recompiled one fixed the issue with no other issues arising!
If you'd like I could attach the fixed BGL so you could provide it in the download page as a fix, as I imagine that fixing the encrypted file in the installer package would be very complicated for you :/
Or it can be uploaded to any of the FS file libraries (Avsim, etc)

Leonardo

GaryGB

Post by GaryGB » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Hi Luis:

I'll test the 'PTT uninstaller' to verify normal FS9 function, and then will test the PTT "CD" installer later today. :)

PS: I found an old downloaded "ptterrain11.zip" with all BGL files dated February 26, 2005, except for:

[ptterrain11 ZIP path]\PTTerrain\bgl1\TEJO_OEX.BGL dated February 12, 2005

The included "Setup.exe" is version 1.0.0, 89 KB, also dated February 26, 2005

Would this "ptterrain11.zip" be of any use to the 'recovery' process you mentioned above ?

GaryGB
Last edited by GaryGB on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GaryGB

Post by GaryGB » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:21 pm

Hi Luis:

The "uninstall" routine from the "FreeSetup" executable worked perfectly; FS9 was restored to full function.

The "install" routine from the "CD" Setup also worked perfectly, but IMHO that process requires further explanation:

* MakeCDComputerCode.exe "Form1" needs to the translated to English (for English users)

* End users need to understand they will take the 8-digit string from the PTT installer dialog and paste it into "Form1"

* End users need to understand they will take a 'new' 8-digit string from Form1 and paste it into the PTT installer dialog:

* The existing the PTT installer dialog 8-digit string with the 'hyphen (aka 'dash') character is to be kept, and the MakeCDComputerCode.exe "Form1" 8-digit 'new' string must then be pasted into place at the end of the existing 8-digit string ...without deleting- or over-writing any portion of that existing 8-digit string.

Hope this info helps; thanks again for your generosity to the FS Community in making this scenery available ! :D

GaryGB

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:52 pm

Hello GaryGB and Leonardo,

Thank you for confirming that we now can have PTT again.

Leonardo - I am going to recover the "Good" BGL files and replace them over the enciphered ones together with the FreeSetup.exe. If you send me the Mondego one I will use it instead. Thanks!

GaryGB - I will delete that MakeCDComputerCode.exe! That was a programme that I used to run for myself! So it is in Portuguese. I will pack everything (with the fix in Mondego river by Leo) and only the FreeSetup.exe is needed!

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:38 pm

Oi Luis,

Sure I can send you the edited file, though all I really did was delete a simple polygon :P
Should I attach it here or send it to you another way?

Leonardo

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:51 pm

Hello Leonardo,

May be you can upload it here. Thanks.

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:52 am

Feito Luís :)

Very happy to know that PTT will be available for everyone soon with an easy install!

It's one the most comprehensive sceneries I've ever seen for a whole country, specially if you consider only freeware! And it's a great opportunity for people to explore this ''rectangle by the sea" we both call home :)

Leonardo
Attachments
MONDEGO_LWM.zip
(17.74 KiB) Downloaded 8955 times

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:47 am

Hello Leonardo,

Unfortunately I still have problems. My laptop where I probably have all the setups programmes was put aside almost 8 years now. I got it but it does not load Windows XP. Tried to load in Safe mode but key "u" that I need to enter my old password to login does not work! :evil: . May be tomorrow I will open it and get the hard disk to read on my present computer. And I am not sure if I will found what I need as I have a copy of its contents on my present PC (my hope is that I made a bad backup).

The situation is this:

1) I have the pack of files that you can download which I call PTT_ONLINE. Inside this pack there is a setup called FreeSetup.exe for which I have the source code (and so I can correct what is needed). This pack is from 26th February 2005.

2) I have a copy of the CD where files are dated 15th Sept 2005. I will call this pack PTT_CD. These files are the ones I should use, as from February to September there were some patches (may be the Mondego patch was already fixed, I do not remember). I will call the setup in this package SetupCD.exe for which I only have the executable (not the source code).

3) Running SetupCD.exe I get the original BGLs. But it is not sufficient to replace the BGLs in PTT_ONLINE with the ones generated by SetupCD.exe for many reasons. May be you can help to sort this out as I do not have a running copy of FS9 and I even do not remember well how sceneries are installed in FS9.

4) In PTT_CD/bgl1 I only have 433 files (434 in PTT_ONLINE) since TEJO_0EX.BGL does not exist. I will assume that whatever this missing file was supposed to do, has been taken care of by some other file.

5) 430 of these files go to the main Scenery folder of PTT as explained in section 4 of the manual. The remaining 3 files called AP945170_X.BGL AP945180_X.BGL and AP946170_X.BGL go to the .../Eurw/Scenery after the original AP945170.BGL AP945180.BGL and AP946170.BGL were renamed to PTS.

6) FreeSetu.exe just places all the 434 files in the Scenery folder of PTT. I can correct this!

7) The folders bgl2 and bgl3 are placed correctly by FreeSetup.exe. I only need to change the names of the folders generated by FreeSetup.exe (Landclass and CustomLand) to the names that appear in the PDF manual.

8) FreeSetup.exe copies the 615 photo tiles in folder bmp2 to a Texture folder that it wrongly creates below the Lanclass folder! These 615 bitmaps should go to the standard FS9 .../Scenery/World/Texture. I need to correct this taking into account that it should remove these files from that default folder (instead of deleting the ones in the wrong local folder)

9) The bmp1 and bmp2 are placed (and uninstalled) correctly by FreeSetup.exe

10) There is a possibilty that renaming BGL to PTS and then PTS to BGL the original AP945170.BGL AP945180.BGL and AP946170.BGL would be lost. Although the new ones have altitude of some small aerodromes corrected and so they could be left there, I will change that by creating a new folder bgl4 where I will place the corrected AP945170_X.BGL AP945180_X.BGL and AP946170_X.BGL and the original AP945170.BGL AP945180.BGL and AP946170.BGL. I have not done that in 2005 because I could be infringing copyright but now I think no one will matter.

CONCLUSION: please wait until I correct all those things (and correct me if I am making a mistake). It would be useful for me to have:

- the 3 default APxxxxxx files (I lost them when experimenting with installing/uninstalling and may be I need to find the FS9 discs :cry: )
- a 16 character code used by you (I think that once you generate a 16 character code SetupCD.exe will take it and will not confirm if it refers to the particular machine you are running). That is to have an option B which would be to release the PTT_CD pack with a 16 character code!

If you are kind to send me those files and code, please do it privately!

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Olá Luís,

Bolas parece que nada quer colaborar contigo :/

I sent as attachments in a private message here the 3 AP files you requested, plus the code generated for my computer in a txt file :)

Hopefully you won't run into more hiccups along the way like your old laptop refusing to work!

Let me know if you need anything else, or if you need me to test an installation or so!

Leonardo

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:40 am

Hello Leo,

I was very "smart! in 2015! Your 16 character code was not accepted! But I think I was able to modify the Setup and, together with the non encrypted BGLs files I will put an archive file in the downloads with a ReadMe like this:

Code: Select all

Portugal Terrain for FS2014- free version - February 2018

The archive FreePTT.zip contains an exact copy of a CD containing
the scenery Portugal Terrain which was published by PTSim in 2005
with the follwing exceptions:

- all BGL files in folders bgl1 bgl2 and bgl3 are not encrypted;
- a new installer FreeSetup.exe replaces the original one and requires
  no activation, product codes or passwords;
- a new file (the one you are reading) has been included.

Important note - all the references to Product Codes, Passwords and
software protection that you find in the Manual and the Readme files
should be ignored as they do not apply anymore.

Portugal Terrain para o FS2014- versão livre - Febreiro de 2018

O arquivo FreePTT.zip contém exactamente uma cópia do conteudo do
CD Portugal Terrain, publicado em 2005 pela PTSim, com as seguintes
excepções:

- os ficheiros BGL nas pastas bgl1 bgl2 e bgl3 não estão encriptados;
- um instalador FreeSetup.exe substitui o original e não requer
  activações, códigos ou senhas;
- um novo ficheiro (o que está a ler) foi incluído.

Nota importante - todas as referências a Códigos e Produto, Senhas
e protecção de software que são descritas no Manual e nos ficheiros
LeiaMe devem ser ignoradas, uma vez que já não se aplicam.
The 3 AP**** files that you sent me (thanks) already existed in a subfolder of the CD and so they will exist in this release! If the bug in Rio Dão is still present I will use your file! Thank you very much for your collaboration! I am also grateful to GaryGB!

Regards, Luis

GaryGB

Post by GaryGB » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:54 am

Luis Sa wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:47 am
http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8983#p8975

Hello Leonardo,

Unfortunately I still have problems. My laptop where I probably have all the setups programmes was put aside almost 8 years now. I got it but it does not load Windows XP. Tried to load in Safe mode but key "u" that I need to enter my old password to login does not work! :evil: . May be tomorrow I will open it and get the hard disk to read on my present computer. And I am not sure if I will found what I need as I have a copy of its contents on my present PC (my hope is that I made a bad backup).

Regards, Luis
Hi Luis:

I have a similar problem with a key on a heavily-used laptop; I use an external keyboard via a USB connection (and depending on the age of the laptop, one can also use an adapter from USB to/from ex: PS/2 if needed).

Thanks again for sharing your PTT package with the FS community ! :)

GaryGB

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 am

Luis Sa wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:40 am
Hello Leo,

I was very "smart! in 2015! Your 16 character code was not accepted! But I think I was able to modify the Setup and, together with the non encrypted BGLs files I will put an archive file in the downloads with a ReadMe like this:...

The 3 AP**** files that you sent me (thanks) already existed in a subfolder of the CD and so they will exist in this release! If the bug in Rio Dão is still present I will use your file! Thank you very much for your collaboration! I am also grateful to GaryGB!

Regards, Luis
Olá Luís!

Happy I could be of help! :)
And very happy that the scenery is again available to all! Many thanks for the time you took to review such an 'old' piece of software!
I assume you have tested it yourself, but nevertheless I'll report here if the new installation went smoothly for me ; )

Now I can start thinking about working on some scenery projects I've had for a while such as all of the Portuguese lighthouses and castles for VFR flights! Which would look even better using PTT :)

Leonardo