LWM3 Compiling?

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
boleyd

LWM3 Compiling?

Post by boleyd » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:22 am

On my system it appears that LWM3's do not compile when selected with a select box. You can select them individually and they compile. Notice the time for the LWM3. It was compiled at the same time as the other BGLs.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:02 am

Dick,

I am fixing an error after the file you sent to me!

I hope to upload a new version with this fixed!

Regards, Luis

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:40 pm

Downloaded 25/03/05 version and it works ok now - SCASM error is gone.

However, LWM3 polygons will not compile when selected at the same time as other polygons. If selected alone they do compile.

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:48 am

Hi Dick,

One thing is fixed and other becomes unfixed (spelling?)!.

In 2.04 LWM altitude was a double precision value. Now I am using altitude for every point. I am using (for the points) single precision values. I tried to fix things so that when you work with normal LWM planes (constant altitude) an overall double precision altitude for the polygon is used and the single precision points altitude are ignored. On the contrary, for tilted polygons, the single precision is used. That was one problem pointed out to me by your file.

The second problem, was the compilation of projects with LWM2 and LWM3 polygons. There was an error on the logic and I thought I had it fixed. I will look to it again. What you say is that in the file you sent me, if you select everything:

a) LWM3 file is not generated
b) LWM3 file is generated but the polygons are not tilted

I assume you refer to case a). I will check it out.

Regards, Luis

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:18 am

Yes, using that file if you select the airports and compile SBuilder will not generate an LWM3 BGL. If you select one of the LWM3 polygons and only compile it it works ok. Also if you selct all og the LWM3 polygone SBuilder will compile ok. But if you include just one LWM2 polygon in the seleciton then no LWM3 BGL is compiled.

Horst

Post by Horst » Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:24 am

Hello,
Sometimes not both LWM2 and LWM3.bgl (when in the same project and selected) are generated also in the project properties folder.
But you can find them in Sbuilder\Tools\work folder.
It happens sometimes on my machine.
Maybe this is the reason.?
Horst

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:18 am

Hi,

ahhh! they are generated but not copied! I was starting to answer to Dick when I read Horst note! I was going to say that the BGLs (both the LWM2 and LWM3) are generated! But the problem is COPYING! The copying fails! So this is a simple bug! I will fix it!

Dick - if you have "VTP REPLACE = ON" on your preferences,

and if you make a project that generates the file:

rivers_VTPL.BGL where you have some VTP wide lines with a river texture and a layer number of 7,

and if you make another project that generates the file:

roads_VTPL.BGL where you have some VTP wide lines with a road texture and a layer number of 7,

then the parts of rivers that belong to Areas (LOD13 squares) where VTP lines from roads_VTPL.BGL enter, get replaced (excluded!).

If you rename the roads_VTPL.BGL to aroads_VTPL.BGL then the rivers gain over roads and the roads are excluded.

Reason - if that FLAG (Replace) is set, when FS reads data (it reads the files by alphabetical order), it replaces the older data (data already read) with the data that it is reading.

Solution - use diferent layers numbers.

Tip - for lake banks use layer = or > than 8 ! Otherwise the texture is only applied to the land part!

Search this forum with the keyword "Layer" and I think you find tips about which layer numbers are best for a particular task.

Regards, Luis